Monday 17 March 2014

Pancake Day!

I know I'm a bit late on this post but I've been busy! 

Pancake day was about 2 weeks ago and it just gave me an excuse to make pancakes! I haven't actually made pancakes since 2012 so it was about time I did! Instead of having pancakes for breakfast, I had it for dinner LOL 

We made American pancakes and it turned out rather well! You will find the recipe below!






Ingredients

135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
130ml milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter plus extra for cooking

Method

1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl. 

2. In a jug, lightly whisk together the egg and milk. When that's combined whisk in the melted butter.

3. Use a fork to beat the milk mixture into the flour mixture until it's smooth and the lumps have gone. 

4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. 

5. As soon as the butter is melted and beginning to bubble, add a ladle of batter - add as many as you can fit. 

6. The batter should be thick and should easily settle into a puffy cake on the pan's surface without spreading too much. 

7. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then turn it over and cook until both sides are golden brown and the pancake has risen to about 1cm thick or so.

8. Repeat until you have used all the batter and lavish them with anything your heart desires :)



I've never had bacon with pancakes before and thought to give it a try! It was pretty good!

After eating of all this I went into a food coma... 

Did everyone have a good Pancake Day?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment