Thursday 19 June 2014

Matcha Green Tea Frappe! [Recipe]

I love most green tea flavoured things such as drinks and edibles and my top favourite has to be a matcha green tea frappe! My first taste of one was actually a bubble tea drink! I've seen my friends get Starbucks Green Tea Frappucino when they're abroad but sadly they don't serve that over here in the UK! So I thought to give it a go and make my own! 

I bought the matcha green tea powder a few months ago because I fell in love with the drink! It meant that I can make my own green tea drink whenever I want! All the ingredients were what I had in the house so it was quick to whip up. I will share with you the recipe on how I make my frappe! Perfect drink for hot weather :)



Serves 1 - 2
I bought this at a Korean supermarket

Ingredients:

2 heaped tsp matcha green tea powder  
1/3 cup hot water
1/2 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
2 & 1/2 tbsp condensed milk or to taste
24 medium sized ice cubes
Whipped cream (optional)


Method:

  1. Mix the powder and hot water together until dissolved (it doesn't matter if there are a few clumps floating, mix as much as you can).
  2. Then stir in the milk and condensed milk (taste this to see if you want it sweeter, it will taste quite strong at this point but the ice will balance it out)
  3. Place the mixture into your blended with the ice cubes, pulse the blender a few times before setting a speed. Blend until smooth!
  4. Pour it into your cup and top it with whipped cream!
Notes:
  • I was being extra and counted my ice cubes but you can just fill up the cup that you're using with ice cubes and add that in your blender! 
  • My jar holds 500ml, what you see in the photos is all of the content of this recipe.
  • If you don't want to use condensed milk, you can opt for another sweetener of your choice.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment